Big Education is about a big ambition. To bring together the energy and spirit of our schools, teachers and communities to deliver a bigger and bolder vision of what education can be about.
We believe deeply that we need to educate the whole child – head, heart and hand. And if we do that with innovation and rigour, then young people will be equipped to make a difference to the world.
If you want to be part of this growing movement
Staff Wellbeing Playbook
The purpose of this playbook is to share our insights and ideas about how to support staff (and your own) wellbeing at this time.
It sets out a way of taking stock, having conversations, considering ideas and starting to form a plan for the coming months.
Our Three Pillars
To create great schools
that exemplify new models and methods of schooling and give all children, particularly those from the most deprived backgrounds, the greatest chance of success.
To develop innovative programmes
To have a wider impact on the system, we plan to develop and incubate innovative programmes just as we have with our oracy programme. Voice 21 is already working with several hundred schools all over the country.
To build a wider movement
Building on the energies, expertise and imagination of brilliant teachers, we want to be a catalyst for some fresh thinking in education.
How Are We Distinctive?
- In making a difference to the entire system not just our own schools
- In prizing distinctiveness and centres of excellence over uniformity
- In challenging not accepting the way education is done – in becoming the first place to go for rigorous innovation and new thinking
- Good exam results and a good Ofsted grade are a minimum necessity not goals of education
- The divide between progressives and traditionalists gets in the way of true innovation that has an impact: dogma of any kind is unhelpful
- Education is an intellectual as well as practical undertaking and needs a rich blend of both
Our First Three Schools
School 21 is a state-funded, non-selective 4-18 school in Stratford, East London. An innovative school, doing things differently for the 21st century.
Surrey Square Primary
At Surrey Square we believe that children can achieve personal excellence through the teaching and modelling of values and skills.
International Academy of Greenwich
The International Academy of Greenwich (IAG) aims to shape the world through active global citizenship. It opened with 95 Year 7 students in September 2016.
There have been some important developments regarding the International Academy of Greenwich.
If you want your school to be part of this growing movement
We believe speaking and listening skills are fundamental to success in both learning and life.
Sitting down with a cuppa to gear myself up for our weekly Time to Connect webinar. Our Big Leadership Adventure cohort has been getting together